Ezy-On Tall NHS Compression Stocking Aid
Have you been advised by a medical professional to wear compression hosiery after your hip replacement or knee surgery? Putting on compression socks, TED stockings or medical tights can be a challenge and notoriously difficult by yourself. Especially if you are unable to bend down, have a reduced upper body strength or restricted flexibility.
The Ezy-on Tall stocking frame is part of our dressing aids range. It is a strong robust metal frame which helps keep the pressure tights open. Making it easier to get the stocking onto your foot, but also reduces the stress in your hands and wrists caused by pulling the stocking open.
- Suitable for both above and below the knee support stockings, class 1 and 2 compression tights, open toe medical TED stockings, travel, flight or sports socks.
- Chunky foam handles that are easy to hold and non-slip feet to ensure your safety.
- The Ezy-On Tall stocking applicator can be used after your surgery, either lying, sitting or standing up.
- This sock and stocking compression frame is available to buy in both tall (use on your own) and small (ideal as a carers aid) versions.
- Size of the frame is 15″/38cm tall.
To find out if you are eligible for vat relief and live in the UK on this product – click here
Compression, or surgical hosiery are specially designed to apply pressure to your lower legs. Helping to maintain blood flow and reduce discomfort and swelling in your legs. Pressure hosiery may be prescribed by your GP if you have a condition that causes poor blood flow in your legs, such as varicose veins (swollen and enlarged veins), or lymphoedema (when your body’s tissues swell up). Or following surgery or travelling.
Wearing Support Hoisiery
Medical socks come in a variety of sizes, lengths and colours depending on the level of compression you require.
Your GP or nurse will measure your legs to see what correct size you require and if they fit properly. You may need to wear them on both legs, or just on one. It will also help to wear your support stockings during the day, taking them off before bed and then applying them again first thing in the morning.
Why do I need a Compression Stocking Applicator?
Pressure socks are usually difficult to put on. This often results in users giving up trying to wearing them, therefore impacting on your long term recovery. Compression stocking applicators help wearers, or their carers, to apply compression tights quickly and easily.
Read our helpful informational guide about compression hosiery with a useful how to use video.