The Leg-Up Leg Lifter (Yellow & Black)
For many, especially those recovering post surgery, lifting your lower limbs or feet can be difficult and often painful. Previously simple tasks like getting in and out of bed can be challenging and may require the help of a carer or loved one.
Use from a seated or lying position, a Leg Lifter is designed to help lift your leg when you need to re-position. Whether getting in and out of bed, the bath, the car, or simply putting your feet up. Leg Lifters take the strain making it easier to elevate your limbs, without having to ask for help.
Simple independent mobility aids like a foot and thigh lifter really can help. It can be used by yourself of by a carer or nurse to aid the patient for a variety of situations in the ward or at home.
Here are the key 5 features of the manual leg lift:
- Comfortable, wide, well-padded handle can be used with one or both hands or on the wrist
- Extra wide foot loop, Ideal for post-surgery or injury. The aid will comfortably fit around dressings, casts or protective boots.
- A rigid strap that is easy to control with minimal effort.
- An invaluable way to help improve blood flow into your legs by lifting and lowering your limbs manually, rather than pulling at your clothing.
- Made from a wipe clean polypropylene webbing for easy cleaning
Available in Yellow or Black the rigid leg lifter is 26″/65cm long
To find out if you are eligible for VAT relief and live in the UK on this product – click here
Leg elevation is important!
Many of us spend a lot of our time either sitting or standing. Because of this, it often feels good to kick back and relax once in a while. It’s even possible that you can gain some health benefits from putting your feet up and elevating your lower limbs:
- Pressure Relief – Elevating your legs help prevent or ease vein conditions such as Deep vein thrombosis (DVT), Varicose veins and chronic venous insufficiency (CVI).
- Natural Flow – The natural flow of blood becomes much easier if your lower limbs are elevated.
- Reduces Inflammation – The swelling will also go down the more you elevate your legs, which will help keep your veins happy and healthy.
For more information and advice regarding lower limb elevation and the benefits, visit Healthline.